Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Design Team Wednesday - Clean & Simple Christmas cards

Good morning, this is Dawn and I was excited to be asked to do a guest spot for the design team today.  I have 3 clean and simple Christmas cards to share with you using the cute North Pole paper line by We R Memory Keepers.  I love the fun patterns and the slightly muted colors.  For my first card, I decided to make a poinsettia out of one of the patterns and then made the center of the flower using a flower punch and sunny yellow pearls with my pearl pen by viva.




For the second and third cards, I let the paper do all the work.  There is a sheet of 12x12 that is full of tags and sentiments, perfect for the front of cards!  I cut out one of the tags, added the twine and popped it up!



The last card uses another of the tags from the 12x12 sheet.  I cut out the Happy Holidays block and added a green scallop border to the bottom and popped it up on the card base.  I then threaded a button with some fun twine and tied a double bow.  It is also popped up.  Because my cards tend to be clean and simple, I like to add a bit of dimension just to add some interest!  I should seriously have some stock in pop dots lol!!  Be sure and stop by the store and pick up some of this fun North Pole paper for yourself!!  It is never too early to start on your Christmas cards!  Happy Hump Day!!

 
 
supplies:
North Pole paper by We R Memory Keepers
Cardstock by Bazzill and WRMK
Stamp by Kaisercraft (sentiment)
twine and button from my stash

No comments: